The University of Texas at Dallas’ Research, Campus, and Environmental Safety department partnered with Six Sigma Development Solutions, Inc. to host a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course on March 14 – 18, 2022 on the UT Dallas campus.
DALLAS, TX, March 22, 2022 /24-7PressRelease/ — What is a Six Sigma Green Belt?
Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are employees who have been trained in Lean Six Sigma Green Belt level improvement methods and will be leading continuous process improvement groups as part of their regular job. The Green Belts are better able to understand the entire process and work closely with subject matter experts (SMEs) to achieve performance goals.
Depending on the organization, Lean Six Sigma Green Belts can expect to spend between 10-25% of their time on Lean Six Sigma projects. Lean Six Sigma Green Belts are responsible for data collection and analysis within their project teams. Facilitation skills and the ability to lead root cause analysis sessions help them improve team dynamics and function.
The program is perfect for individuals working in manufacturing and service/transactional-based companies. Taught in an interactive, fun learning environment, students will gain the skills necessary, using Lean Six Sigma methodologies to reduce cycle times, improve productivity, and decrease expenses.”
Six Sigma Development Solutions, Inc. offers White Belt, Yellow Belt, Green Belt, Black Belt, and Master Black Belt classes in a variety of formats, including live virtual and onsite training. Learn more about Six Sigma Development Solutions, Inc.’s variety of training options at https://sixsigmadsi.com/lean-six-sigma-training/.
The UT Dallas employees that attended the training were:
• Stacey Gregersen
• Rachel Trammell
• Kevin DeSpain
• Jennifer Johnson
• Michelle Rinehart
• Lori Evans
• Jose Ontiveros
• Layne Warren
• Jeremy Piering
• Steven McDonald
• Michael Gooris
• Brandon McBride
• Chandani Rana
• Roshni Kinnard
• Renee Witherspoon
• Shane Solis
The students received instructions in the following Lean Six Sigma Green Belt topics:
• LEAN and Six Sigma Overview
• How to Select the Right Lean Six Sigma Projects
• How to Develop the Lean Six Sigma Project Charter
• The SIPOC Diagram (Verify Your Project Focus)
• Learn How to use Value Stream Mapping to Quickly Identify Waste in the Process
• Developing the X-Map (or Input Map) to Discover the Key Inputs to Your Process)
• Developing the Cause and Effects Matrix to Prioritize Key Inputs
• How to Complete the Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) to Manage Risk
• Brush up on Basic Statistics
• Learn the Basic Graphical Stats Tools (Pareto Charts, Boxplots, Scatter Plots)
• How to Define your Processes Capability in Metrics
• How to Turn a Practical Question into a Statistical Question (or Hypothesis)
• How to Understand the Statistical Relationship between two variables
• How to Control Your Process using SPC (Statistical Process Control
About Six Sigma Development Solutions, Inc.
Six Sigma Development Solutions, Inc. is a leading provider of Lean Six Sigma training providing instruction to individuals and companies across the globe. Instructors and mentors bring over 20 years of real-world, hands-on experience implementing LEAN and Lean Six Sigma. The company provides a wide range of flexible, modular standard programs, including classroom, live virtual, onsite, and blended training options.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here